Bournemouth Big Band Swing and Jazz Club
Invite you to an evening of recorded jazz in...
The Sharpe Room, 'Pelhams', Kinson Community Centre on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7:15pm
Entry fee £2 (includes free refreshments)
Presentations, talks, concerts and more
- P20 Women's Names in Jazz Songs (Pt 2) Event (PDF)
- P19 Women's Names In Jazz Songs (Pt1) Event (PDF)
- P18 Uptown Records - A Spotify Playlist by Vic Grayson Event (PDF)
- P17 Delmark Records A Spotify Playlist by Vic Grayson June 2021 Event (PDF)
- P16 Spotlite Records Event (PDF)
- P14 Charlie Parker Records Lable Event (PDF)
- P13: ‘TBC Records Swiss Radio Days Jazz Series’ Event (PDF)
- P12 Steeplechase Records Pt2 Event (PDF)
- P11 Steeplechase Records Pt1 Event (PDF)
- P10 Jazz Icons on YouTube - A Spotify Playlist by Vic Grayson Event (PDF)
- P9 Norgran Records - A Spotify Playlist by Vic Grayson Event (PDF)
- P8 Muse Records - A Spotify Playlist by Vic Grayson Event (PDF)
- P6 'CANDID Records' - A BBBS&JC Playlist Event (PDF)
- P7 ‘September 23 Jazz Birthdays’ A BBBS&JC Playlist Event (PDF)
- P5 'Dial Records' - A Spotify Playlist by Vic Grayson Event (PDF)
- P3: Bethlehem Records Pt2 - A spotify Playlist by Vic Grayson Event (PDF)
- 'Satch and Josh' - A Spotify Presentation by John Savage Event (PDF)
- Bethlehem Records P1 - a Spotify Playlist by Vic Grayson Event (PDF)
- The Story Of Storyville Records' - a Spotify Playlist Event (PDF)
- P15 CTI Records Event (PDF)
- P4 'Jazz in Paris' A BBBS&JC Presentation by Vic Grayson based on Gitanes Jazz Productions Event (PDF)
Monthly member newsletters (downloadable format)
Discover our review articles (downloadable format)
Who are we? Find out and join us!
The Bournemouth Big Band Swing and Jazz Club meets on the second Wednesday of each month (7.15 - 9.45pm) in the Sharp Room of the Kinson Community Centre Bournemouth.
Currently we have around 25 active members (Ladies and Gents) who all share a common interest in recorded Jazz music of all kinds. This can (and frequently does) range from early Dixieland to Modern Jazz via Mainstream and Big Band.
The normal format of each meeting is simple - 3 members will each present 40 programme minutes of recorded Jazz music of their own choice - usually with a clever or interesting theme.
We have state of the art equipment so the sound quality is superb. After the first two presentations there is a break of around 20 minutes for tea/coffee and biscuits and a chance to socialise. Occasionally we have a guest speaker.
New members are most welcome so why not come along and join us, your first evening will be totally free of charge. If you like what you hear and see then we would love you to join us as a permanent member.
There is a one-off annual cost of £4 which makes you a member of the Kinson CC and the entry fee for each meeting is just £2 which covers the cost of your refreshment as well as a fantastic evening of recorded jazz music.
After each Meeting we send out a newsletter via email to all members with album and personnel details about all the music played.A really great way to meet folk who all love jazz music.